Hi, I’m Dustin Senos. Welcome to my personal website. 👋
A goal to enrich peoples’ lives through engineering and design has driven me to create websites and products for more than a decade.
Previously, I was the Head of Design at Medium, a platform where Barack Obama, Tony Hawk, and everyday people share thoughts and stories. Before Medium, I wrote code for Walt Disney and oversaw a small team of engineers building the game engine for Club Penguin, a virtual world inhabited by millions of children.
I’ve recently (late 2017) started a small product studio taking on design, product, and prototyping work. If you’d like to work together, please get in touch.
To build skill and gain perspective, I take on projects that are interesting, challenging, or in verticals where I have little experience. Some of the companies I’ve worked with are: The White House, IFTTT, eero, Figure1, Talkshow, LaunchKit, Samsung, Dreamworks, and Feminist Frequency. I also ship personal projects like Out of Office Hours, Wallcat, and LittleIpsum.
I’m semi-active on Twitter and Instagram, and publish longer thoughts on Medium. I have a bit of open source software on Github which I wrote for Twitter and Medium.
- What to talk about when we talk about diversity
- Have you tried Junkfood.app?
- How to get value from wireframes
- An approach to projects, furthering a cause by turning down work, and failing to make $ from Wallcat
- Creating useful design principles
- Your friends are more than their job titles (and so are you)
- On dashes, hyphens, and other important aspects of life
- Holiday office hours
As a personal goal I’ve challenged myself to speak in front of groups of strangers:
- Product Design — Munich, Germany
- Design Details #20 — San Francisco, USA
- Design Details Live @ Epicurrence — Oahu Hawaii, USA
- The Web Ahead — NYC, USA
- The Hero’s Journey — UXAlive Istanbul, Turkey
- Google FORM — San Francisco, USA
- TypeCon — Washinton DC, USA
If you’d like to chat, feel free to send me an email.
To see my older work check out my previous site.