Hi, I’m Dustin Senos. Welcome to my personal website. 👋
A goal to enrich peoples’ lives through engineering and design has driven me to create websites and products for more than a decade. I’m spending 2016 exploring opportunities to turn this drive into new products.
Most recently, I was the Head of Design at Medium, a platform where Barack Obama, Tony Hawk, and everyday people share thoughts and stories. Before Medium, I wrote code for Walt Disney and oversaw a small team of engineers building the game engine for Club Penguin, a virtual world inhabited by millions of children.
To build skill and gain perspective between full-time jobs I take on projects that are interesting, challenging, or in verticals where I have little experience. Some of the companies I’ve worked with are: The White House, IFTTT, eero, Figure1, Talkshow, LaunchKit, Samsung, Dreamworks, and Feminist Frequency. I also ship personal projects like Wallcat and LittleIpsum.
I’m active on Twitter and Instagram, and publish contemplated thoughts on Medium. I have a bit of open source software on Github which I wrote for Twitter and Medium.
- Have you tried Junkfood.app?
- How to get value from wireframes
- Creating useful design principles
- Your friends are more than their job titles (and so are you)
- On dashes, hyphens, and other important aspects of life
As a personal goal I’ve challenged myself to speak in front of groups of strangers:
- Product Design — Munich, Germany
- Design Details #20 — San Francisco, USA
- Design Details Live @ Epicurrence — Oahu Hawaii, USA
- The Web Ahead — NYC, USA
- The Hero’s Journey — UXAlive Istanbul, Turkey
- Google FORM — San Francisco, USA
- TypeCon — Washinton DC, USA
Feel free to send me an email if you’d like to chat. I'm not taking on new work until January 2017—unless you're NASA, then please get in touch (dream client).
To see my older work check out my previous site.